Mixed Media Abstract Collage Painting, "Bending the Rules" by Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Bending the Rules" 36x12 inches, by Carol Nelson

I was shocked when I showed this to my husband. He does not like abstract painting (which is about everything I do), but, OMG, he LIKED this one! He liked the colors.

This mixed media collage painting has a limited palette of mostly neutral colors. This is actually one of the easiest palette combinations to pull off successfully. The colors I used here are black, white, titan buff, bronze, gold, and a tiny bit of transparent red oxide.

The assembly process is one of layering, painting over, layering again with various papers and textures. After adding blocks of solid color and painting lines to pull the design together, I decided to stop here. The whole painting took less than 3 hours to complete. It's a process that you jump into instead of approaching with caution.

FRESH OFF THE EASEL..


 36"x12"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available 

 Click HERE  for pricing.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

======================================

 Check out my Available Video....

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D




No comments: